Monday, August 30, 2021

Fried Cheesy Pickles

I love pickles. I love cheese. I don't know if I love them together but I'm about to find out! A couple of Facebook friends posted the recipe, which I, of course, altered slightly. They're very carb-friendly as cheese and pickles have just few carbs. I used what I had in the house, which was shredded cheddar and bread and butter pickles. I may have overdone it on the chili pepper but otherwise, they're actually delicious. I will be making these again and I don't have to worry about sharing, my kiddo strongly dislikes pickles! I can see putting other things in the middle, like ham and tomato, which would make for a nice appetizer or snack. There are more cooking experiments to come!

Ingredients:

Shredded cheese of choice
Sliced pickles of choice
Garlic powder, to taste
Red chili pepper, to taste
Pepper, to taste

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 400F. Spray the bottom of the muffin pan if  you're not using a non-stick pan.

2) Mix the cheese with the spices then spread some cheese on the bottom of the muffin pan.

3) Dry the pickles then put on top of the cheese.

4) Cover the pickle with the remaining cheese.

5) Bake for 15 minutes, or until crispy. 

6) Allow to cool. Put on a paper towel to absorb the excess grease then eat.

If you try the recipe, let me know what you think of it in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polish Pickle Soup in One Pot

As I mentioned in my last post, I love pickles. When I saw a post on Tumblr mentioning pickle soup last night, I just had to try it. Many of...