Friday, August 27, 2021

Review: Skinny Cow Ice Cream Bar

Being a type II diabetic on a lower carb dietary plan, things like ice cream and other frozen treats are off limits because they simply have too many carbs. So when I find something that is sweet and makes me feel 'normal' then I'm all about it. 

I have to say that the only thing I enjoy about the Keto diet movement is the push for manufacturers to make more lower carb options so people can still eat the junk food they love without having to suffer the usual consequences of it..

This is the first time I've tried anything from Skinny Cow so I wasn't sure what it would taste like or if I would enjoy it but vanilla, chocolate and almond pieces are generally pretty safe. I'm happy to say that I really love it.

Each bar is a net 18 grams of carbs and only slightly smaller than the regular ice cream bars elsewhere in the frozen section. The "vanilla light" ice cream is flavorful and smooth. The chocolate provides a thick coating and the nuts are a nice addition.

And, the best part is that it costs about the same as a pint of Keto ice cream, which generally has three servings, while the box from Skinny Cow has five servings. 

I highly recommend these if you're looking to stay relatively low carb and need to curb your craving for something sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polish Pickle Soup in One Pot

As I mentioned in my last post, I love pickles. When I saw a post on Tumblr mentioning pickle soup last night, I just had to try it. Many of...