Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Polish Pickle Soup in One Pot

As I mentioned in my last post, I love pickles. When I saw a post on Tumblr mentioning pickle soup last night, I just had to try it. Many of the recipes I found used whipping cream, which would make it very much not carb friendly, so I searched for a vegan option and came across the recipe at http://ideliciate.com/quick-easy-polish-pickle-soup-vegan. This is a quick and easy low carb option, just 10g per cup. 

As always, I changed the recipe to include more spices to make the broth more flavorful and halved everything so I wouldn't waste much if I didn't like it. I didn't add salt as the bullion cubes are already loaded with sodium. I loved it and I will definitely be making it again!

Ingredients:

4 cups chicken broth (I used bullion cubes)
1 cup diced potatoes
1 diced carrot
Dried spring onions (to taste)
Minced garlic (to taste)
Ground pepper (to taste)
2 dill pickles (or to taste)
1/2 cup pickle juice (or to taste)

Directions:

1) Make the chicken broth with the bullion cubes and water, heat to dissolve the cube. You can also use prepared broth. The vegan version uses vegetable broth.

2) Add the onions, garlic and pepper.

3) Add the carrots and potatoes. Cook until they're soft, or about 15 minutes.

4) Add the pickles and pickle juice, then heat through.

Update:

The soup is good hot and cold!

If you try the recipe, let me know what you think of it in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polish Pickle Soup in One Pot

As I mentioned in my last post, I love pickles. When I saw a post on Tumblr mentioning pickle soup last night, I just had to try it. Many of...