Saturday, April 1, 2017

Stuffed Burgers

The menu last night was hamburger, mashed potatoes and corn. Not very exciting, I know, but it is one of my regular meals as it is reasonably cheap and not awful on the carbs, especially if I have broccoli instead. And, no judging me on the potatoes mixed with corn. I've been doing that since I was a little kid and love it this way.

I had a hamburger a few nights ago with shredded Mexican cheese (four kinds of cheese) and Bacos. I mixed it in with the meat and cooked it up, much like the burgers I would buy from a local grocery store. It was good but I wanted to try something different. I decided to make stuffed burgers.

Ingredients:
1/4 lb. hamburger
1/4 cup shredded cheese
1/4 cup Bacos

Directions:
1. Divide the hamburger into 2/3 for the "bowl" and 1/3 for the top.
2. With the larger amount of hamburger make a "bowl" then fill with the shredded cheese and Bacos. I layered them so that there would be cheese above and below the Bacos.
3. Flatten out the smaller amount of hamburger then lay on top of the "bowl" and pinch the sides together to create a full hamburger.
4. Cook until it is a done as much as you like.

Update:
I'm still working on my timing so mine was a bit more pink than I like but it was definitely edible. I would also encourage you to use thicker shredded cheese so it takes longer to melt and will be gooier when you cut it open.

If you try the recipe, let me know what you think of it in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polish Pickle Soup in One Pot

As I mentioned in my last post, I love pickles. When I saw a post on Tumblr mentioning pickle soup last night, I just had to try it. Many of...